The Proper Determination Of Child Support
Military servicemembers in Missouri and Illinois have to go through divorce proceedings in state family court, just like civilians do. In many military divorce situations involving children, child support is ordered by a court. In some cases, child support is determined based on a formula that takes into account factors like custody arrangements and both spouses’ incomes.
If you are anticipating a divorce or you are already divorced, you may need help obtaining fair treatment with regard to child support. A lawyer experienced with military divorce can help you understand and protect your rights when it comes to your children and your money.
Military Family Law Attorney Serving Edwardsville And St. Louis, Missouri
At the law firm of Alan E. DeWoskin, P.C., our attorney understands how child support works in the context of military divorce. We represent servicemembers and spouses of servicemembers in custody matters of all kinds, helping them reach the most favorable possible outcomes. We can help you answer questions like:
- Am I required to pay child support? If so, how much?
- Am I entitled to receive child support? If so, how much?
- Will I be subject to wage withholding through involuntary allotment, which involves a wage assignment, or wage garnishment?
- Can I set aside child support money each month through a voluntary allotment?
- What if my children’s needs and expenses have changed since a support order was issued? Can I modify child support?
- If my custody or visitation situation changes, will child support change, too?
We Understand Military Issues Related To Family Law
At the law firm of Alan E. DeWoskin, P.C., our founding attorney Alan DeWoskin, has a substantial military background. He is a retired colonel who served in the Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. Our firm is highly experienced with regard to both military law and family law. We help servicemembers resolve challenging legal matters and protect their legal rights.
Contact The Firm
Do you have questions about military divorce and child support? Contact us to schedule an appointment with our attorney.