Navigating The Challenges Of Military Divorce
While all divorces are difficult and some are incredibly stressful, military divorces are unique in several ways. In particular, the division of property and benefits requires knowledge of how those elements work for people serving in the armed forces.
If you or your spouse is in the military and you are going through or anticipating a divorce, make sure you have the help of an attorney who fully understands your situation.
St. Louis Military Divorce Lawyer
At the law firm of Alan E. DeWoskin, P.C., our St. Louis military divorce attorney represents servicemembers and spouses of servicemembers as they navigate the challenges of divorce. Our lawyer is a military veteran who understand the important issues faced by military personnel in family law cases, so you won’t have to educate him on those issues to reach the best possible outcome in your case.
Our firm has extensive experience with military divorce. As your lawyer, we can help you address all aspects of your divorce matter, including:
- The division of retirement and benefits, including thrift savings plans (TSP) and survivor benefit plans (SBP)
- Protections offered under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- Child custody, visitation and relocation
- Basic allowance for housing (BAH) and basic allowance for subsistence (BAS) rules, which are generally considered in the process of determining child support and spousal maintenance
- Leave and Earnings Statements (LES) and matters handled by Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS)
We Understand Military Issues Related To Family Law
At the law firm of Alan E. DeWoskin, P.C., our founding attorney Alan DeWoskin, has a substantial military background. He is a retired colonel who served in the Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. Our firm is highly experienced with regard to both military law and family law. We help servicemembers resolve challenging legal matters and protect their legal rights.
Military Family Law Attorney Serving Chesterfield
Do you need advice regarding military divorce? Contact us to schedule an appointment with an experienced family law attorney in St. Louis, Missouri.