Alan E. DeWoskin, P.C.
Call to schedule an appointment today.
314-925-0242 or 800-652-5775

January 2017 Archives

Which state has jurisdiction in my divorce with a servicemember?

In order to file for divorce, the person filing for divorce must establish minimum residency requirements in that state. This residency requirement can range from three months to six years, depending on the laws of that state. So, generally, a person's legal residence is the state they are currently living in and is not an issue for most people to establish. However, when it comes to military servicemen and women, the issue can be rather complicated as they may have a permanent residence in one state but then may be stationed in another.

Alan E. DeWoskin, P.C.
225 South Meramec Avenue, Suite 426
St. Louis, MO 63105

Toll Free: 800-652-5775
Phone: 314-925-0242
Fax: 314-727-5297
Map & Directions

google map